1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Ignition coil replacement - 2000 venge ES

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Jason Venge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition coil replacement - 2000 venge ES

Since stock coil is internal and dealer says takes 6 days to get, I was going to replace with modified distributor cap and blaster 3 coil. Any suggestions, hints, advise? Found parts on disturbedmotorsports: http://catalog.disturbingmotorsports...20a&page=2

Old 06-10-2008, 04:51 PM
disturbingavenger
Default RE: Ignition coil replacement - 2000 venge ES

If you go that route you will need our "ignition upgrade kit". You need the 6a ignition box also to make everything work.

That will allow you to bypass the stock coil that is within the distributor, however it still relies on the cam sensor that is inside the distributor also. If your cam sensor is bad then you have no choice but to replace the distributor.
We can get you a distributor also if you want, i don't know how my place compares to the dealer price. Email or call for a price if you want.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:03 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd get the entire MSD kit http://catalog.disturbingmotorsports...28f9ceb1c2080f

Old 06-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Jason Venge

Thanks for the info. I found coil pack for 50 bucks so I went that route. Also replaced the distributor rotor. Car fired right up, died half away around the block. Didn't idle rough or misfire while on the short test run around the block, just lost power and died. Seems like I am still loosing spark, considering replacing the computer module. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:28 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the computer would be the LAST thing I'd replace on a whim due to the $400/$600 price tag...
The CPS/and relays are far cheaper and easier to replace and normally cause intermittant trouble ...
Check for voltage at the fuel pump/distributor
there is a CPS testing procedure in the FAQ's above ...

Quick Reply: Ignition coil replacement - 2000 venge ES