1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.
View Poll Results: A poll
Interior
0%
Exhaust
0%
Hood
0%
Intake
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 03:34 AM
account1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide

So I have a black 95 Dodge Avenger ES andI want to do something to it but i can only pick 1 thing for now. Im not sure which of the ones I wanna do so I need help deciding.

1) Interior: I wanna get my dash, wheel, console, side doors,pretty much everything infront of me and beside medone up. Maybe in like a silver or shined aluminum coloring. I WONT be having my seats done on though.

2) Exhaust: Im not sure what kinda of exhaust or how it gets done. But my friend has a magnaflow exhaust with 2.5" piping all the way to the exhaust manifold. I was thinking maybe Flowmaster. (Like I said I dont know too much about the exhaust details)

3) Hood: I would like the hood from disturbingmotorsports.com it has a hood scoop on it with some kinda sharp points coming from it. Almost like a mustang/viper hood combined.

4) Intake: So AEM and K&N dont have 95 Dodge Avenger intakes on their site but other people have them in their avengers, and I heard you have to custom make them with your parts. but once again, disturbingmotorsports has them so if anyone knows that they truly are K&N and AEM intakes and fit perfectly let me know. (and I dont want a short ram one lol)

So ya if I can get any feedback, much appreciated.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:18 AM
disturbingavenger
Default RE: Help me decide

1- I would stay away from painting your interior. You will probably regret it in the long run, when it starts to chip, fade, and wear off. Stay with a stock dash and keep it clean and looking good.

2- Bosal makes a very nice exhaust - sounds good on the 2.5
High flow downpipe and converter is always a good mod for a little power

3- personal prefference - you obviously have to buy what you like

4- Those intakes will fit without any problem - they are a tight fit and they will rub on the battery hold down but that is normal on these cars, there is not any way around that. There are no modifications really neccessary. If looking at the k&n and the AEM i would go with the AEM. The K&N is not actually a "long" tube header. I would call it a mid length. it places the filter in around the possition of the stock air filter box. Where as the aem places the filter all the way down near the wheel in the path of much cooler air.

Hope that helps

Old 07-08-2008, 10:52 PM
rollingdodge
Professional

go exhaust and intake. there the cheapest, and you will gain some power. Like i aways say make it go fast before you do body work. I have straight through with a flowmaster muffler and mine sounds pretty nice.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:13 AM
Cenon
Amateur

^I got a flowmaster too, going for the V8 sound. And i must say it does sound pretty mean.

Are you I4 or V6?

Quick Reply: Help me decide