1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Under Garment

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:21 AM
fil327
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Under Garment

Hello all and thanks again. I was looking under my 99 Avenger V6 and notice that it had holes for clips on opposite sides of this plasticthing,for like a undergarment right under the engine. I have seen this onother cars its a hard plastic chell that protects the bottom of the engine from water flashing onto it. Mine is missing if it every had oneI don't know but if it did I would like to replace(order) it but don't know whatthe official name is.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:49 AM
disturbingavenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Under Garment

There should be a plastic shield covering the side of the engine bay, seperating it from the wheel well on both sides and extending under the engine/transmission by about 6 inches. If you have those then thats all there is. I have seen what you are talking about on a few other cars but ours never came with one. In my opinion they do nothing anyways than provide a spot to catch dirt and road salt and stuff on top of.

There is nothing in your engine bay that was not designed to be able to get wet

Quick Reply: Under Garment