1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

95 avenger no start (hit snowdrift)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 07:17 PM
johnnybegood_5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 avenger no start (hit snowdrift)

MY 95 avenger, 2.5L V6 auto, cranks over fine but won't fire, last week i was doing 50km on a country road, next thing i know i smashed into a snowdrift the wind blew on the road. My car started dieing and came to a stop. Cranks over but wouldn't start, after waiting around 15 20 min i got the thing to fire and it ran fine till today.

Any idea what i could have possibly damaged, the drift came up to my headlights but wasn't packed down, no body damage.

thanks in advance, John

Old 12-27-2008, 07:44 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you hear th Fuel pump kick on ???
Do you have Spark ???

Old 12-28-2008, 02:17 PM
johnnybegood_5

Yea got both, car started up this morning.......

im thinking maybe frozen gas lines? it was +10 out yesterday here thou so im not sure, i have gasline antifreeze in now.

thanks for the fast reply

Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 AM
johnnybegood_5

So my car is still acting up, i also dont have a heated shop or funds to have the work done for me so any advice would be great.

When i start the car, it starts normal and idles good. After it ildes for around a minute, the car will start to run bad, sounds like a misfire, choppy and sometimes will stall. After it stalls it won't start up until i leave it sitting for 10 min. If i touch the gas it will bog and then run fine as long as im on the gas. Once the car does warm up to proper temp, runs great, no bogging, no misfire, nothing wrong.

Also after i drive the car then go back to it, say 4 hours. Its cold, but doesn't have a problem warming up at all.

I have a funny feeling my distributor or something with the spark is acting up. what do you think venge?

Thanks, John

Old 01-16-2009, 10:51 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds more to me like Idle Air Controller it runs till warm and then has to depend on IAC for idle ...

Old 01-22-2009, 03:27 PM
schultz423

I had a similar problem with my 96 2.5L. The engine liked to stall on me with hard starts. It eventually wouldnt even start. First we found out my IAT sensor was bad. And then a CEL came up and read no change in MAP sensor from start to run. That lead us to think it was a timing problem. Investigated it and it was. A couple friends of mine have dodge v6 and had the same problem. Check the sensors and if its not that its most likely poor timing.

Quick Reply: 95 avenger no start (hit snowdrift)