1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Oops ... I broke a hose ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
robertwyoung
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Oops ... I broke a hose ...

I had my upper intake manifold (plenum) off to replace the lower. Snapped a bolt and couldn't get it out. Anyways when I was putting it all back together I snapped the little hard plastic vacuum hose (14 in the attached image) that goes to some black box on the firewall. I can't seem to find any info on this hose.

Attached Thumbnails Oops ... I broke a hose ...-upper-intake-manifold.jpg  
Old 04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Killa200
Rookie

the picture you posted is too small for me to tell what your referring to, but i believe the line you are inquiring about the the vacuum line for the cruise control.

Do this: Assemble everything up and make sure the car starts and runs fine. If so, take it out for a drive, and when you get to a goo stretch of road, set the cruise control. If after you set it the speed drops even though the cruise control is set, then that is your victim. I did the same thing myself, and haven't gotten around to finding a replacement for it, but i just used several sections of heat shrink and made a skintight cover over the entire hard section of the line for now.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:01 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the cruise control line ... you'll have to replace it ... If you want to drive without it you'll have to plug the line otherwise it will allow unmetered air in and not idle right

Old 04-15-2009, 04:49 PM
robertwyoung
Rookie
Default Fixed

Yep it's a cruise line, thanks. I just went to Autozone and bought some of the hard plastic tubing they sell in the emissions section. I pulled the 2 ends off and made a new line.

Quick Reply: Oops ... I broke a hose ...