1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Planning On buying 98'venge As First Car- Some Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:23 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The plastixc spring is on the door hinge

Old 06-23-2009, 12:00 AM
joshua124
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok one last question. I was trying to install my Sirius today to find out my 12V cigarette outlet doesn't work. took me a while to find the fuse box but i did and of course the fuse for the cigarette Lighter was burnt out. sooo i didnt have extras besides the one that comes attached to the fuse box cover, so i put a higher wattage one instead hoping it would work but still nothing.

Does it need to be that specific fuse rating for it to work? If not, what else could the problem be?

Thanks in advanced!

Old 06-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Killa200
Rookie

pull it and see if it was blown again? If it is there is a short somewhere.... and if it is not, then a wire has broke or come loose, or the spades are corroded / burnt / loose where the fuse plugs in at the fuse box.

IN all technicality, the fuse does not have to be the same rating for it to work, but if you put too low of one in, it will blow for silly things and be a nuisance.... too high of one can cause your wiring to overheat and melt.... I'd recommend changing that fuse back to its rated capacity or lower.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:37 PM
joshua124

Managed to fix it!

My not so brilliant friend who i asked to change the fuse because hes smaller then me so it was easyer for him to reach... well of course he changed the wrong fuse When i went to double check the next day i realized he replaced it but put the new one in an empty slot. I put the fuse in the proper slot and its all good now Thanks everyone for everything! Hopefully i have good luck with the ride from here on out

Quick Reply: Planning On buying 98'venge As First Car- Some Questions