1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

p0300 code yet running fine..HELP....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 02:22 PM
muleman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0300 code yet running fine..HELP....

OK my venge is a 2.5 v6.... its throwing the p0300 code then p0301-p0306 for all the cylinders misfiring..yet the car is running great no miss no lag no nothing... the cap,rotor and plugs are new.... anybody got a idea, i am leaning toward a sensor maybe cam pos sensor?? yet not getting that code... its driving me crazy... and i have a scan tool and have reset the fault code yet keeps coming back usally about 80miles after reset.... HELP me out....

PS. i also have did a compress. test all cylinders good....

Old 06-21-2009, 09:42 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plug wires ??? oil in plug holes???

Old 06-23-2009, 12:33 AM
muleman

new wires... no oil in plug wells... i am thinking it is a sensor. cause when it pops up and throws the light the car dont studder or miss... any other ideas...

Old 06-23-2009, 08:07 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unfortunately I'm thinking distributor

Old 06-23-2009, 11:08 PM
muleman

o dont say that.. i thought about that too... i think i will drive with it on see if it get worse, or throws any more codes.. thanks for the help

Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 PM
windfreak
Default P300 error code 1996 2.5L Dodge Avenger

Hi Muleman:

I am having the same issue with my Avenger, ( P300 error code )and have done the following:
Replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor, (has integrated cam sensor), crank sensor,
injectors,MAP sensor, throttle position sensor, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and ECU, and still has the problem.. Would be very interested in finding out what the issue is if you solve it..
Compression test is good..
And mine like yours seems to run good at speed but idle is just a little rough..

Has been to several shops none are able to figure out the issue..
One mechanic told me it may be a grounding problem or an intermittent short in the
main wiring harness
So with that info I have proceeded to check all the grounds that I can find on the car
but so far no luck...

Regards
Jim

Originally Posted by muleman
OK my venge is a 2.5 v6.... its throwing the p0300 code then p0301-p0306 for all the cylinders misfiring..yet the car is running great no miss no lag no nothing... the cap,rotor and plugs are new.... anybody got a idea, i am leaning toward a sensor maybe cam pos sensor?? yet not getting that code... its driving me crazy... and i have a scan tool and have reset the fault code yet keeps coming back usally about 80miles after reset.... HELP me out....

PS. i also have did a compress. test all cylinders good....

Quick Reply: p0300 code yet running fine..HELP....