1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Turning Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009 | 05:42 PM
joedago
|
Default Turning Noise

I have a 2000 Avenger. Recently put new tires on it a couple months ago. Since then, I have been getting a screeching type noise whenever I turn the wheel but only at low speeds or stopped. I have checked power steering fluid/belts and all fine. Thinking either tie rod ends or one of the ball joints. Anyone ever had this problem b4? Thanks

Update: Just talked to the local dodge dealer. Told me it is either the tie rod end or some bushing on the strut tower? Should be able to figure it out with the info they gave me.

Update #2: Tie rod end seems to be fine. Creaking sound seems to be coming from both sides of the car. It also creaks on up/down motion. Was leaning towards sway bar bushings until I started reading the horror stories in some of the posts about creaking sounds before the ball joint failing taking the axle with it. When I spoke to the dealer I was told the recall had been done back in 2001 and it was a one time only thing. Have yet to call Dodge to confirm if that is true. Does anyone know if this could be the sway bar bushings or is it more likely the ball joint problem?

Last edited by joedago; 07-17-2009 at 11:47 PM. Reason: update

Quick Reply: Turning Noise