1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Idler Pully tensioner bolt

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:21 PM
kfly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idler Pully tensioner bolt

The bolt that applies tension to the power steering belt, broke in half. I was lucky enough to get it out of the bracket, but unfortunately i cannot find the part. The parts I've found at junkyards are rusted beyond use. Anyone know a part number?

Old 10-15-2009, 08:45 PM
jtdagosta

I am sitting in the same position as you were in how did you resolve? I was told you have to buy the altenator bracket kit for 140.00 what did you do seems the u pull it places have the same issue or they are all missing.. thanks JTD

Old 10-17-2009, 04:51 AM
kfly

Im still driving with no P.S. or A.C..

Old 10-18-2009, 02:48 PM
jtdagosta
Default read my post under hard to find part in the welcome thread

I have noted via the local dealer that it is refered to as the altenator adjusting bolt I attempted to order one from the dealer but they sent something that was nothing near what we need I told the guy that it needed to be fully threaded 8 mm about 3 or 3 1/2 inches in length which the diagam we referenced indicated the bolt we were ordering was correct.. when they got the bolt in it was nothing like the diagram I am going to try fastenal and also call dodge corp of america and speak to them directly.. and see what i find out please email me so that I can tell you where we find ours as I will find it .. I was told that we can purchase the altenator bracket assembly for 140.00 I told them i only need the bolt and 140.00 is absurd for just the bolt.. fastenal will manufactor custom for you so depending on what they charge for a TLB 8 mm thread that matches what is needed will determine if it is worth going that route or not.. email is ladagosta@gmail.com thanks for posting back

Quick Reply: Idler Pully tensioner bolt