1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

3.5L manifold on 2.5L and cost of DMsports 5 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Ridge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.5L manifold on 2.5L and cost of DMsports 5 speed?

Ok so I have been looking around and found that you can swap out the 2.5L intake mainfold for the 3.5L manifold on the intrepid with a little fabrication, not sure what years intrepid though. Anyone know what kind of gains this swap would get. ( I have decided against the ram air in the fog light ports.)

If anyone has done this swap what fabrications would I need to do?

I was wondering if the 3.5L manifold would fit onto the 3.0L as well with this same fabrication?

Also I am thinking about doing the 3.0 swap this next summer or the summer 2011. My tranny only has about 10-20,000 miles left on it before its going to need rebuilt. I had heard on a post from bad venge that Disturbing motosports makes a manual transmission for the avengers. Would that fit onto the 3.0L?

I am also thinking about having disturbing motorsport do the swap for me.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:53 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the DMS tranny bolts to the 3.0 as well ...

The 3.5 manny swap has had mixed reviews ... I've heard mostly bad things on it ...
I've got the stuff to try this winter I'll let you know

Old 11-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Ridge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, I was hoping it would work on the 3.0, I just found the dms forum and the price on it last night, I better get saving.

I have heard the fabrication has something to do with the IAC, like either remove it or make something for it, not sure what though. I was thinking of going to the junk yard this weekend to find a 3.5L manifold. I'm guessing it shouldn't be much more than 20-50$ right?

I haven't been able to find out any more info on the fabrication else than it has to do with the IAC, I'm guesing it has to do with the differences in the amount of air in the manifold and where it sits at idle? Like opening it up more to get it to idle at the right speed? do you have a little more info on that by any chance?

Quick Reply: 3.5L manifold on 2.5L and cost of DMsports 5 speed?