1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Rear Speed Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:25 PM
apristel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by transguy37
The output sensor on the trans will not make the abs light come on.It's probably one of the wheel sensors.The clicking noise you here when you come to a stop and put the trans in gear,is the solenoid pack actuating.This is normal,they all do that because the way the pressure works inside the trans.Stand in front of the car with the hood up and have someone to put it in and out of gear,you will hear it better,it will do a quick ticking sound for about a second or two and then stop.

Yep that is the exact noise. Cool, check that off the fix list. I'll have to do the wheel sensors then. Are they difficult?

Old 12-04-2009, 09:00 AM
dynamiteplaya3
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also have a abs light on and it has been on since i bought it 2 years ago. when i got my tires aligned they noticed it and they said it is probably because my tires are a little undersized. 215/45/17. instead of 215/50/17 would this difference be enough to throw off the abs or would it just be a sensor.??

Old 12-04-2009, 08:05 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if all 4 are the same size it would NOT

Quick Reply: Rear Speed Sensor?