1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Avenger Squealing Noise (Video Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:25 PM
kser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avenger Squealing Noise (Video Inside)

Starting tonight my 97 Dodge Avenger started making a squealing noise when I turn the tires left and right. I dont notice it as much at a higher speed, just sharp turns. We've had bad roads lately here in MN, but im unsure if this has anything to do with it. Ive researched other threads and think it may be a ball joint. Ive also researched that there is a recall for ball joints on Avengers. I wanted to get a good idea that this could be the problem before I bring it to my dealer with the possibility of a recall being performed. Heres a (low quality) video of my tires being turned both directions and the noise.

View My Video

Old 01-05-2011, 07:21 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry but video doesn't SHOW anything and the audio is so bad I can't even hear the noise over the engine ... Squeals are normally POWER STEERING , Low on fluid or belts slipping under load , making it more noticeable at low speed sirring still

Quick Reply: Avenger Squealing Noise (Video Inside)