1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

help please,,, heater panel lights????

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:30 AM
jahorman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please,,, heater panel lights????

Can anyone help me please,,, The heater controls do not light up on my 98 dodge avenger,, I have dash lights and i just replaced the dome lights and the lights on the floor and the glove box light,, they are work great... And then I just spent about 3 hours trying to figure out where the stupid light is for the heater panel,, I took out the stereo, the metal frame around the stereo,, the top control with the vents and i was trying to remove the whole heater control panel but it did not want to come out,, I didnt want to mess up the cables connected to it,, so I got my head up in there and looked everywhere and I do not see a bulb anywhere... Someone on another forum said to remove the stereo and reach up and it is right there, well i dont know what he is talking about because I couldnt see anything.. I did notice you can take the whole front off of the deal,, It is the black faceplate,, Is that what you have to do to find a bulb... I got so frustrated I gave up.. This would be nice to have so you can see the controls at night... any help would be great or pictures of where the bulb is.. thank you

Old 01-17-2011, 08:31 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Light is a twist out dead center , follow the wires to it , twist to remove replace bulb reinsert

Old 01-25-2011, 07:33 AM
jahorman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow i just got done finally figuring out where and how to get that bulb out for my heater panel lights to work,,,,, I wasted about 3 hours doing it,,, I could not figure out where it was and in mine I can not get the heater control unit to come out of the dash,,, too many clips and stuff I dont know anything about... But wow I finally found the bulb and what a pain in the but to try to turn out with it in there,, plus there is hardly any room for the fingers to move around at all... Anyways I got it but I couldnt turn it back in so I superglued it...LOL Yeah,,, I really needed a picture by picture for that one,, 3 hours down the tube... Now I know

Quick Reply: help please,,, heater panel lights????