1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

'98 ES cruise control issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Halcyon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '98 ES cruise control issues

I recently got my '98 ES back on the road and decided to see if I could get the cruise control working. It's never worked as long as I've had the car. I can turn the cruise on (the orange light on the button comes on) and actually set the cruise (green 'CRUISE' light comes on inside the panel), but it never catches. I even looked in the manual to see if maybe it was operator error, but to no avail. I made a long trip in the car recently, and really missed having cruise. I will be making another long trip soon and would love to get this working. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Old 03-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Halcyon

Is there anything I can look for that would be causing the cruise not to work? There doesn't seem to be fuse for it in either fuse box (the one under the steering wheel or the one under the hood). Am I missing something? Anyone have any ideas at all? I'm stumped... I'm not extremely knowledgeable, but I will do my best to answer any questions. Thanks again

Old 03-06-2011, 09:28 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cruise box is on the rear firewall passenger side black box with cables ect attached

Old 03-07-2011, 11:54 PM
JVenger
Amateur

Checked to see if the small hose connecting the cruise control pump to the intake plenum is not damaged. I had the same problem and turned out that small vacuum line was damaged. replaced it and works just fine.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Halcyon

Thanks for the replies bad venge and JVenger. I took a look at the cruise box and, just glancing at it, it looks like everything is ok there. Now, I'm not sure where the cruise control pump is . If I can find that, I'll be able to check that specific vacuum line. I really appreciate the help...thanks again.

Quick Reply: '98 ES cruise control issues