1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Replacing Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 04:51 PM
KillboyPowerhead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Stereo

I want to replace my car stereo ('97 2.5) but the two units are different sizes. The one that came with the car (Alpine CDA-D852) is approx. 3" in height whereas the new one I bought (Alpine CDE-121) is approx. 2" in height. I don't know what the size of the stock radio was but it looks like it would be a direct fit for the current configuration (3" hieght).

Is there some kind of after market centre console panel out there (edit: and a place that'll make a custom mounting braket) I could get to fit the new stereo or am I SOL? I bought the new stereo because it has a USB port, amoung other stuff, which the older one doesn't have. I read that there are standard sizes for car stereos (1-DIN and 2-DIN) so I thought it would fit right in...

Last edited by KillboyPowerhead; 05-19-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:43 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You bought a single din unit we have a 1 and 1/2 din unit you need this :
http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/veh...&model=AVENGER
I prefer the one without the pocket ...
any car stereo shop even walmart have them

Old 05-20-2011, 08:11 PM
KillboyPowerhead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.

I ended up finding a mounting bracket in a hidden local electronics store. T'was a real pain to get everything to fit. I ended up having to put the stereo in while the bracket was loose (not screwed in all the way) to get it to fit, then just drove in the screws as much as I could. This new stereo is just slightly deeper than the old one, and it was pushing up against a metal bracket (I think). The front panel went back on more or less flush.

Quick Reply: Replacing Stereo