1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Avenger vs Stratus Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:01 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Avenger vs Stratus Sedan

Hey Guys,

Looking for some opinions here. First right now I drive an 06 Ram and am considering something to drive back and forth to work (25-30 miles one way) at least on good weather days to save gas. I JUST bought a Pacifica for my wife and we still have her Stratus around. What I am contemplating between is driving her 01 Stratus SE Sedan 2.4L auto...and buying a car I found 98 Avenger 2.0L manual for $2700. I want opinions on if I'd be better off driving the Stratus we already have, or if the extra gear and lighter weight of the Avenger would save enough gas (and the added fun of driving a stick) to make the purchase and sell the Stratus a worthwhile effort.

Thank You in Advance,
Eric

Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 AM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are pros/cons either way

the Strat you know the history and have had it , theres likely just a few MPG difference

the venge is lighter and the 5 speed will help with gas mileage but the cars unknown , no history but can have troubles , the price seems a little high as well

Quick Reply: Avenger vs Stratus Sedan