1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Sunroof help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Avenger is pissing me off
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof help.

Ok so my wife buys my kid this car for his first car and I had nothing to do with until she tells me she bought a car for him. It has been nothing but problems from it starting and not starting back to starting again. i have that fixed...I think...with the help of these forums and the info it has here. Now it doesn't hold a charge, will drain a brand new battery in a matter of hours if it is left hooked up. ANYWAY that is a whole different problem.....

So here's the problem that I am having with the sunroof. I'm guessing it is off its tracks and the sun sheild just flops around like it is only connected by one corner. I cannot find anywhere (including the Haynes book I bought) any information on the insatllition or removal of the sunroof to figure out how to get these two things back on is tracks. Any help would very greatly appreciated.

1999 Dodge Avenger 2.5 V6 Es (aka "the piece of crap").

Old 03-27-2012, 09:48 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove all six torx bit screws on the sunroof window glass. Pop the glass out and the sliders have spring tentioned taps that you have to move with a flathead screwdriver just like on a screen window. Make sure you mark around the screws before removing them or leave them somewhat loose when reinstalling the window glass, so you don't have to struggle so much the get the window realinged and get to close and seal all the way.
the cover attaches to the track you might have a broken side by the description

Old 03-27-2012, 11:31 PM

Thanks for the response but I don't see where your post says anything about getting it back on the tracks or am I confused on how this window works?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:04 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

when you remove the glass you will see how the cover rides , by your description the covers the tab may be broken

Old 03-29-2012, 01:41 AM

So the sunroof attaches to the top of the tracks or something. It has been raining here so I haven't even started looking at it yet. And yes I think one of the tabs that cover connects to is broken, there is a broken tab looking thing on the front driver side of the rail. The corner is cracked on it.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:42 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

there are angle brackets that the torx holds the glass onto if you look you will see them
you can remove the covers and not use them or get a set from the junkyard out of another avenger/sebring/mitsu eclipse

Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 PM

Thanks for all your replys. once the weather gets a little better I will start on this although I'm sure something else will go wrong with this car until then.

Quick Reply: Sunroof help.