1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

key dance

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:04 AM
eschober
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default key dance

Hi

I have a 1996 Avenger with the 2.5 V-6 Auto. For the life of me I cannot get the 'key dance' to work to read codes. I have repeatetly followed the instructions here but no success.

Also would a 'code reader' be of benefit as the 'key dance' won't real ALL codes (if my 'key dance' worked)

Once in awhile I get the CHECK ENGINE lite coming ON so I disconnect the battery to reset. It has come on twice in the last 3 months.

Thanks

Old 04-21-2012, 02:53 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The key dance only works on 95/and early 96's , the late 96's use a 97 computer and will not key dance. I'm guessing that you have a late model. take it to autozone ect and have it scanned if they pull codes thats the trouble

Old 04-22-2012, 07:26 AM
eschober
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default key dance

Thanks a lot ... unfortunately in Canada (around here?) there are no Autozones and everyone else wants $$$$ to read .. I guess I will wait until code readers go on sale at Canadian tire ... thanks