1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

oxidation on wing

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 03:23 AM
redaveng99es
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oxidation on wing

I got my 99 red avenger es about 4 months ago and I have been batteling oxidation on my wing ever since. I have taking rubbing compound and various mequiars liquids. They all take the oxidation out and make it look a lot better and not faded at all. But I can't find anything to keep it looking that nice. Should I take the wing off and spray some cheap clear cote on it or what? I also have some water spots that aren't coming out. What is the best stuff to pull those out? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 09-03-2005, 05:12 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: oxidation on wing

That is DCX's water based primer/clearcoat or paint (forgot which one). You should see mine. You can try to take it to the dealership but they probably won't help you. Your clearcoat will chip then peel off unfortunately. You just gotta keep with the meguiars stuff and hope for the best or just get the spoiler repainted, your trunk lid gate (just below the back up light bar) may peel too..some do, some don't..mine did.

Old 09-25-2005, 04:15 PM
man2machine

Happened to mine too, that's why it's metallic black now until it goes to paint and the holes are filled... I hate wings.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:02 PM
pennucci

hello everyone yes im a newbi here. the problem with the wing that is they are fiberglass with direct heat & sun they fade and oxidize.

Quick Reply: oxidation on wing