1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

I need advice :-/

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 04:27 PM
rrc124
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need advice :-/

I drove home from work the other day and everything was fine. Then, about 30 minutes later, I go out to my '99 Avenger ES and pull out onto the road. After stopping at a stop sign I start to hear this screeching/creaking every time I turn or go over a bump.. but mostly when I turn. It appears to be coming from my front driver's side wheel area.. My friend suggested that maybe the sway bar link was broken, but when I took the wheel off this morning, everything looked okay. I know it's suspension/turning related because when I shake my car I can hear it, but everything appears okay.. any suggestions? Thanks everyone :-/

Old 10-27-2005, 05:29 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: I need advice :-/

Could be a shock going bad.....

I would also check the opposite side of the car as well. You're best bet is to honestly find a shop around you that does a free/small fee estimate/work needed. I know Midas and Meineke do it here in Indianapolis. It's worth it to you to make sure you know 100%. Not to mention that if it's bad, you need to make sure that nothing else is damaged as well.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:10 PM
avengerboi2950
Default RE: I need advice :-/

WHen you turn a corner does it do a clicking sound. Cause if it's not the shock, then it's possible that your CV Joints are going out. Let me know.

Quick Reply: I need advice :-/