1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

95 Avenger: Repair WELDED front suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 08:22 AM
LaDawnNicole
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Avenger: Repair WELDED front suspension

95 Avenger 2.5
*Sent pm to address this, but wanted to toss out this issue while I wait to hear back.

Previous (idiot) owner in front passenger collision, broke LCA (the longer, curved one) and instead of properly repairing it, welded the LCA back. About 2 inches behind the hole where it is supposed to bolt. (The hole is toast, I could fit a stick of butter in there) (unintentional butter/toast joke, this is serious!!)

I SHOWED the weld to my "mechanic" and complained about feeling every bump in the road & the front end shaking during braking. So, I paid for parts (front struts, inner & outer tie rods, boots, 2 tires), an alignment & labor. While the front end does feel stronger, it still shakes during braking. Imagine being pulled down a bumpy road in a wagon.

Well, Dodge Forum, now what? The LCA needs replaced. But HOW?? The ball joint end of it is in place, but the other end is welded to the car. (And should I do all 3 arms? On both sides?) Can a new piece of steel be welded onto the car & arm bolted to it? Do I demand a refund from the guy who allegedly aligned the car?

Old 05-03-2015, 06:55 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually shaking upon braking is warped rotors unrelated to the repair (welding)

but the repair sounds shakey I would not want to keep the car

Quick Reply: 95 Avenger: Repair WELDED front suspension