1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Need help identifying each fluid type for my 1998 Avenger 2.5L V6

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2024 | 06:53 AM
AL29
|
Default Need help identifying each fluid type for my 1998 Avenger 2.5L V6

Hey guys, so I知 trying to replace all fluids in my 98 venge. I have the 2.5L V6. Thing is, I知 getting stuck on which coolant to buy. I live in Canada and we mostly use universal brands but the thing is idk if the green coolant in my avenger is IAT or HOAT? The universal one that says it痴 compatible with my avenger is OAT/HOAT. Also both current coolant in the reservoir and the universal one are both ethylene glycol based but different colours. Green is the current one in the car, orange is the universal one.

honestly I really need someone to list all fluid types, for the 1st gen avengers. This is getting confusing as I tried looking in the manual but there痴 no indication of part numbers for these fluids and it痴 impossible to find OEM ones for an almost 30 year old car in Canada. Hence the reason why most fluids are gonna have to be universal.

please help, I want to keep this car running for the long term, I literally grew up with it as it was my childhood car. I just turned 21 and I知 investing a lot of money into it to keep it in top shape!

Old 07-05-2024 | 10:40 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker

A lot of different brands come in a lot of different colors so just going off the coolant color doesn't mean much. If you're wanting it to have a certain color and type best to drain the cooling system, engine, radiator, heater cores ect and replace completely.

I don't think OAT coolants were main streaming very much yet in 98. That's a more recent development.

A lot of aftermarket coolants are made to fill and mix. I see no reason to spend the extra on the Mopar stuff. Unless in a situation I was in where my wife's newer Durango needed a thermostat replacement and i could evidently tell it was still the Mopar orange stuff in it.

Id stick with something affordable you can find on the road easily, even the most well maintained vehicles can give you a surprise on the side of the road. OEM fluids are not superior to aftermarkets in any way. They all meet a certain ASE spec that other fluids are welcome to meet or exceed.

I keep Peak on the shelf for my stuff otherwise.

Quick Reply: Need help identifying each fluid type for my 1998 Avenger 2.5L V6