1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

99 avenger recall?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 11:47 AM
99aveng
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 avenger recall?

What is with this recall, for the front control arm and ball joint? Is there a problem with these cars? I ask becasue I bought this 99 avenger so I saw the recall and brought it to the dealer to see if the recall was performed. Which it was BUT I have 58000 miles and the ball joint has to be done again it is creaking and such! Is this happening a lot or did I just pick the wrong car?

Old 01-23-2006, 03:28 PM
coolnesshw
Default RE: 99 avenger recall?

It was the low-control arm (the ball joint would wear out to soon. Your can may have never be replaced. The sound and feel simulates as bad CV joint. When you start going around corners, you can hear a knock. Also, your tire wear will be bad.

I have own my 99' avenger ES for 4 years (own it as 25,000). It now has 72,000. I needed to do some things: tires, brakes, plugs (wires and cap,rotor at 65,000 (mileage fell off). Hint on the plugs: by the dealer plugs (there a double platium). This way you won't have to change them again (Remember: you need to take off the upper intake almost completely.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:01 PM
99aveng

Yea lower control arm. Dealer looked up vin number and recall was performed. SO maybe the ball joint wasnt replaced at that time? I thought the recalll asked for the ball joint to also be replaced at time of service for the recall?
I was just hopping I didnt get a bad car as I traded my 99 jeep cherokee with 28K on it for this car. (gas mileage at 10-12MPG was killing the wallet)
I saw that youd have to take off the mani.. I was like dam I guess I like the coil ignition system on my kia (its 5 minutes whole job) thanks for the advice. What is the service recommendations for maintinece. Like on my kia timing belt at 60K ect ect... THanks.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:46 PM
coolnesshw

maintance 80K to 100K hoses (radiator) and belts, some also say if you are changing the belts around 100k then change the water pump too (you are ready there). Inspect the belt look for major fraying, or small chunks out of the alternater belt (graved).

I may trade mine it before it hit 100K I drive about 15-20 miles in a day to and from work.

ORIGINAL: 99aveng

Yea lower control arm. Dealer looked up vin number and recall was performed. SO maybe the ball joint wasnt replaced at that time? I thought the recalll asked for the ball joint to also be replaced at time of service for the recall?
I was just hopping I didnt get a bad car as I traded my 99 jeep cherokee with 28K on it for this car. (gas mileage at 10-12MPG was killing the wallet)
I saw that youd have to take off the mani.. I was like dam I guess I like the coil ignition system on my kia (its 5 minutes whole job) thanks for the advice. What is the service recommendations for maintinece. Like on my kia timing belt at 60K ect ect... THanks.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:46 PM
coolnesshw

maintance 80K to 100K hoses (radiator) and belts, some also say if you are changing the belts around 100k then change the water pump too (you are ready there). Inspect the belt look for major fraying, or small chunks out of the alternater belt (graved).

I may trade mine it before it hit 100K I drive about 15-20 miles in a day to and from work.

ORIGINAL: 99aveng

Quick Reply: 99 avenger recall?