1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

YES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Avenger22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YES!!!

hey silvercoupe97, what would i need to get from a blown GSX/Talon motor, as in parts, would i have to take everything in the engine compartment as well as the under-carriage? I don't know much about cars, i only know the basics. I don't have anyone to guide me through my car. Wish i did though.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:05 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YES!!!

ORIGINAL: Avenger22

hey silvercoupe97, what would i need to get from a blown GSX/Talon motor, as in parts, would i have to take everything in the engine compartment as well as the under-carriage? I don't know much about cars, i only know the basics. I don't have anyone to guide me through my car. Wish i did though.
You will need everything...Motor, suspension, drivetrain, undercarriage, motor wiring harness, speedometer...hell you can even swap, if you want to, in the center console of the Eclipse, front seats, dash (don't do that...VIN related), doors, and door panels. This swap will take some fabricating with a welder, such as the motor mounts, extending the center motor brace, you also have to weld in some of the undercarriage as per link above. I wouldn't suggest taking this on yourself if you don't have the right tools, patience, time (car down time too), and I would recommend a helping hand too. If you take it head on, on a daily basis, you can do this swap in 2-3 weeks. This and the 2.4L swap are big swaps.