1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

2.5L V6 to a 2.0L 4 cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 04:10 AM
Avenger22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5L V6 to a 2.0L 4 cylinder

I have found a 2.0L 4 cylinder DOHC 16 valve Dodge Avenger engine and I am going to do my swap with that...get it completely rebuilt...find a manual transmission for the Avenger and rebuild it if needed...I will be able to get the engine for only $200.00 which helps alot with my money situation. After that...I am going to lower the compression and turbo my Avenger. Also going to do a AWD conversion on my avenger as well. New suspension on my car, Viper body kit, a new hood, and a completely new interior. When I take out my 2.5L and clean out the engine compartment, I want to paint the engine compartment red...my whole color scheme after I am done is going to be red and black throughout the entire car...engine compartment, interior and all. Like usual...suggestions and ideas are welcome!

Avenger22

Old 03-24-2006, 04:34 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: 2.5L V6 to a 2.0L 4 cylinder

Sounds good.......

the only problem is the AWD part. The Chrysler 420a, 2.0L 4 cylinder motor isn't compatible with Mitsus AWD from the GSX. You're thinking about the Mitsubishi 4G63, 2.0L 4 cylinder motor + drivetrain parts. You can convert a 4G63 FWD turbo car into an AWD, but not a 420a FWD car and especially not from Mitsubishi parts.
Stick with your original plan on building up the 420a motor and lowering the compression a bit for a turbo. It will be FWD only but it can be a beast from a roll.
Keep in focus...Mitsubishi and Chrysler use each others motors but you can't criss cross parts from either builder....major parts. I don't mean nuts and bolts, tensioners, blah, blah.

Oh yeah, a complete swap means complete...all the parts need to be completely swapped over, to include the wire harness the connects to the motor and also speedo. I don't know if the swap needs the entire front suspension or not though...or here's another idea....

buy a completely different Venge with all that you want on it...have it rebuilt the way you want it to be and while it's down, use the Venge you have right now as your commuter...once the other Venge is rebuilt, sell your commuter Venge and then you're done!

Old 03-15-2008, 04:01 PM
PRider

Hi guys,

Does that mean the 2.0 is a Mitsubishi or what? I'd like to hear some more like in which Mitsu is it normally?

Cheers

Ralf

Old 03-15-2008, 05:59 PM
darkestxxnight
Professional

to do an AWD you need a 4g63 motor/trans

your best bet is to go buy an eclipse gsx or talon tsi awd and just swap everything over to the venge..

there is custom parts and welding involved as well.. this is not a direct setup..

Quick Reply: 2.5L V6 to a 2.0L 4 cylinder