1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Replaced distributor and wont start

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
garret
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced distributor and wont start

I had a mechanic friend look at my car because it was not turning over. He said it was more than likely a module in the distributor. I put in a new distributor, but in the process I misplaced a small siver cylinder which has a wire attached to it and is mounted just above the distributor. First of all what is that part? I tried starting my car and she made a loud clicking noise. Second is that part holding her back from starting or is there another problem?

Old 04-01-2006, 02:12 AM
TODD0341
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replaced distributor and wont start

Did you replace the entire distributor?!?! If you did, did you pay attention to the way it went back in? Maybe your timing is off and needs to be aligned.

That silver cylinder is a resistor most likely or a capacitor- Im not familiar with the 4 cylinder so I only have an idea about what part youre talking about, but that part is there for a reason-- so you may want to go pick one up

Quick Reply: Replaced distributor and wont start