1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

STUPID ALTERNATOR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 06:07 PM
TODD0341
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STUPID ALTERNATOR!!!

QUESTION, just did the timing belt on a 2.5L and changed the alternator and battery b/c the battery light was on..........is there any voltage regulator on the avenger of fuses or anything I might be missing? B/c the light is still on- the alternator is charging...... WTF
If any has any ideas please post them,

Old 07-04-2006, 06:13 PM
TODD0341
Rookie
Default RE: STUPID ALTERNATOR!!!

and what the heck is the "alternaotr choke" fuse under the hood for? Im assuming in case of a short?

Old 07-06-2006, 03:11 AM
TODD0341
Rookie
Default RE: STUPID ALTERNATOR!!!

So after bench testing two alternator and getting one to that works........im still charging at 11.4 volts.......which tells me that the pcm is to blame sinch I learned at the parts store that this cars voltage is regulated by the ...pcm ....plus I have an "srs" light on which Im assuming the pcm is junk-- car still runs though!

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EXTRA PCM LAYING AROUND THAT WILL FIT A 97 ES WITH A 2.5L AUTO...THAT THEY DONT NEED OF COURSE?

Being new to this car is having its quirks, but I got it for free so...I cant complain....I do know that this pcm came from a junkyard car though.......the original has some pins broken in it.......

NO REALLY ...IF YOU HAVE AN EXTRA PLEASE EMAIL ME OR POST IT...A WORKING PCM OF COURSE...THANKS GUYS

Quick Reply: STUPID ALTERNATOR!!!