1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Performance chip?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 06:56 PM
jp_greenville13
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance chip?

Im looking for a perf chip but i dont know what ones i can trust. preferably one to not empty the wallet but not a gimmick. i was looking on ebay and it looks like alot of home made crap to me but then again, i dont have any idea what im shopping for. Any tips and info greatly apreciated. Atleast w/ you guys the info will be non biased and send me in the right direction. I also apreciate any good reads you guys might have bookmarked on this topic.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:22 PM
TODD0341
Rookie
Default RE: Performance chip?

Ive seen the ones on ebay.......theyre just resistors......they trick the ecu into seeing a different load. What that add doesnt tell you is that over time the ecu trys to correct for it b/c the ecu sees different parameters that done match up with what the map sensor with the resistor is telling it...so you end up with screwed up injectors that leak b/c the pulse widths have been shot to hell. From what I was told...noone flashes our ecus so you have to use a piggyback system like a super AFC which I have in my 300zx turbo and Im controlling 750cc injectors with. works awesome and Ive been using it for about 2 years. If youre looking for more power one easy way to do it without really messing with the ecu is to get a new fpr (fuel pressure regulator) but youll want to purchase a rising rate fpr. There are two schools of thought with those.. the first being that theyre bad b/c if you want more fuel and better response from the injectors you should just do it right and get BIGGER injectors. It is the cheap way to go. The second is that........its the cheap way to go LOL. BUT IT WORKS.... you just have to be fruggle with what pressure you set b/c if you set it too high you can ruin your injectors and theyll constantly leak (which Ive also done before...Ive screwed up alot of cars half assing performance mods...ive learned its just easier to do it right the first time even if its not cost effective

Old 07-05-2006, 04:01 PM
avengerdude27
Rookie
Default RE: Performance chip?

if you have a 4cyl no chips worth while
v6 superchips icon is the only one and theyre scarce

Quick Reply: Performance chip?