1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

2000 avenger

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Bigcountry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 avenger

Can someone please help i have 2000 avenger that i cant get to start let me tell you what i have done so far. when i bought the car the car would be going down the road and jerk like a misfire or maybe a tranny slip so i started by replace plugs, wires, distributer cap and rotor button after that the car cranked up and idle great i drove it about five miles and it started jerking something fierce then died. i could get it to crank evernow again but it would soon die. i took it to the dealer ship and they said it needed a distrubuter. so i replaced the distrubuter and it cranked up great again turned it off and cranked it up about seven or eight times. no promblems i put everthing back together and now it will not fire at all!! i had a mechanic check all of my wiring and sensors and he now thinks it may be the computer . can anyone help me fix my car anybody had this promblem. PLEASE HELP im running out of money and patience HELP!!!!!!!

Old 07-06-2006, 08:58 PM
TODD0341
Rookie
Default RE: 2000 avenger

Did you check your trouble codes in the PCM ?

Old 07-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Bigcountry

I have done a computer check with a camshaft sensor stored but i was told when i replaced the distrebutor that it was bulit in ? is this true? or is this even what your refering to?

Old 07-07-2006, 02:50 AM
yodaholic

I have a 2000 with a cam pos. sensor code also. I heard the samething about the sensor being on the dizzy. But I also heard that the sensor might not be the problem it might just be doing its job "sensing". So I think that the problem lies in a cause and effect relationship. What was the specific code that obd II gave you? Did you write it down? I have been dealing with this problem for a year now and it seems to go away for seasons and then comes back with warm weather. Can you share any more symptoms?

Old 07-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Bigcountry

i t read cam sensor a like there was two of them or something and after i got it to crank thoise last times that was it it has not fired since at all any where. is this anything like you experienced?

Quick Reply: 2000 avenger