1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Viper 530T module + break issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:41 AM
yanickee
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper 530T module + break issues

Hey guys,
Does anyone know where I can buy the 530T module(2 windows up/down) cheap!?
Another issues is, brakes!? It feels like my breaks are too soft, they are not as responsive as on other cars, is it just me or is there any way I can make it more responsive/powerful? What I mean is when I floor my break pedal, it slows down but kinda weak! There is no power to it. It feels like my break rotors are oiled or something! Hard to explain, but profies will understand .

Thanks!

Old 08-19-2006, 01:05 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: Viper 530T module + break issues

That could just be the ABS working. I recall the braking system a little week too, but it may have been brake fade from heat. Does it get spongy the longer you're on the brakes and eventually goes further down the floor? If so, that's brake fade. If it feels a bit spongy from the beginning, then it sounds like you just need to bleed your brakes and check the pads while you're at it too. Perhaps upgrade just your pads to something better than the organic pads. If you want to go full on, get either new slotted rotors and ceramic pads or upgrade to the Eclipse GSX brakes.

If that's not really an option, you can bleed your brakes and change the pads to something like ceramic pads. It won't stop fade alone but it will help a tad....rotors and pads are more helpful though.

Those 530Ts can probably be had on eBay. Other than that...for cheap...probably not unless you have hookups.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:01 AM
yanickee
Professional
Default RE: Viper 530T module + break issues

Thanks Coupe,
Will try the ceramic pads, cause I don't have ABS.

Quick Reply: Viper 530T module + break issues