1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Center Console lights went out.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 02:18 AM
jar311
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Console lights went out.

So, I was getting a hair cut the other day (Which sucked by the way, I ended up refusing to pay), and I went out to my car and ohhhh lookie here, no starty. No click. No Nothing. It's eerily silent. My lights DO come on, however...well sort of. My center console lights dont come on...that includes my shifter lights (what do you call the gear shift thing in an auto anyway?) and my climate control lights. I've checked ALL the fuses. The little defrost light still comes on when I press it though. Anyway, I don't know what to do, I've seen countless threads on avengers not starting. But my situation seems different some how? There were no events leading up to it, my car has run solid forever. And then suddenly, NOTHING. This is a 1995 Dodge Avenger ES (auto) by the way. I'm sad. SAD. *tear* I no longer love my car.

Things replaced since our little mishap:

Battery and Starter.....

what next?

Old 10-14-2006, 02:26 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: Center Console lights went out.

Fuses, fusible links (all the ones in the fusebox in the engine bay), firewall relay (middle one or the second from the left, the ASD relay).

Old 10-14-2006, 06:13 PM
jar311

What? I'm lost...I'm not very good with cars. I guess I shoulda mentioned that earlier....

Old 10-15-2006, 11:30 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking in complete sentences at that moment, lol.
What I was trying to say was to
...check the.....
ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

Fuses, fusible links (all the ones in the fusebox in the engine bay), firewall relay (middle one or the second from the left, the ASD relay).

Old 10-19-2006, 11:35 PM
jar311

Well, I don't know. I guess it's going to the junkyard. I can't afford to keep going to get it diagnosed and them not being able to find anything wrong with it. Even there obviously is. as it wont start.

Quick Reply: Center Console lights went out.