1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

battory light

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 06:52 PM
95_Avenger
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battory light

ok so as the topic seys my batt light wont go off. i replaced my pcm charged the batt and itstarted right up.witch is good because that is what it wasent doin but the batt light wont go off.if it does then ten min later i comes back on could it be my atlnator..

Old 10-19-2006, 07:17 PM
bgm
Default RE: battory light

from what i understand, yes it could very well be your alternator. if the battery needed charging anyways and is a daily, or at least frequent enough driver, then i'd suspect your alternator isn't charging properly. either take it to a mechanic to have it checked, or do it yourself, i've seen a how to on that somewhere here, try searching for it. hope that helps.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:57 PM
lynster
Default RE: battory light

Had a similar problem. Took the battery out, cleaned the posts, clamps, charged the battery.... still had intermittent probs. I knew the alternator was good as when the car was running OK, the output of the alternator was within norm limits with heavy load applied (all lights on, A/C, etc).
Finally found a small circular shim inside the positive battery clamp. Cleaning the interior of the clamp only cleaned the interior of the shim. It did not clean between the shim and the clamp itself. Removed the shim, cleaned ALL, put the shim back in.... no more probs.

Quick Reply: battory light