1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

I need new rims, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 07:07 PM
NightAvenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need new rims, please help!

I need help!

I have a 1996 Dodge Avenger ES. I believe I have 16" rims, they are factory built. I want to get new rims, and I have some questions.

First of all, is there a difference between 16 x 6, 16 x 6.5, or 16 x 7 inch rims?

2nd, I just bought new tires for my car, and I want to pick rims which would fit my tire size, will the width of the rims make a difference?

Lastly, would anybody be able to recommend a location to buy rims? I dont need new ones, maybe a website or store. Even better, a junkyard in New York City or Long Island?

Thanks!

Old 10-24-2006, 09:23 PM
bgm
Default RE: I need new rims, please help!

well, i can help you out on one of the points. the difference between 6, 6.5, and 7 would be how wide the rim is. as far as the tires, i'd let someone else field that, or post in the tirerack section. however i will say that i so believe it does, stock our cars are 215 50 16? i dont know, 55 or 60 anyways, the middle number would be the width of it. im sure you'll get a better answer around, just felt like adding my two cents

Old 10-25-2006, 03:02 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

I don't understand do you want new factory ones or new aftermarket. New aftermarket are in the sticky there is one site that shows what the rims look like on your stock car but its kind of cartoonish New factory are also from places that sell aftermark rims but hafta call to see if they have them in stock. What state are you n?

Old 10-25-2006, 04:52 PM
NightAvenger

I want either factory rims or new aftermarket ones. It doesn't really matter to me. I just want to find rims which will fit my new tires. The tires I just bought say P205/55 R16 and they say "Mount on 16" Rims."

Do 16" rims mean 16 X 6?

I'm just not sure which ones which actually fit my tires. Should I be getting 16 x 6, 16 x 6.5, or 16 x7 size rims??

Also, any suggestions on where to buy rims, something not too expensive? I live in Queens, New York

Old 10-25-2006, 08:08 PM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

Aight as far as P205/55 R16
P= Passenger
205= is the tire width in millimeters
55= ratio of height to width (aspect ratio)
R= radial
16= wheel size.

16' rims basicaly you tape a ruler or tape measurer and measure from the bottom of your rim to the top NOT including the tire. You should get 16 x 8.1 (16 X 8.070866141732283 If you want to be technical) inch rims (Conversion of millimeters to inches). When you go purchase the rims at a retail store you can give the sales rep the number on your tires and he will tell you what rims will fit and what wont.

As far as buying rims not to cheap for online you can check the top of the post "sticky" (I don't know y they call it that), ebay, http://newyork.craigslist.org/ this site is like ebay, or if you have a rim preference type that it .com i.e I like Enkei www.enkei.com. Now as far as the NY when I was there in Albany they had rim stores that where for people like us want sumthin new and that looks nice but won't put wholes in our pockets, and sum allow you to make payments on rims. You either have to know people or call or drive around to find them, they are not off main roads though. You can also get steel rims they are real cheap and EVERYBODY has them or know sum1 who is selling them. Personally I say stick with Alloy they look better.

Yo hit me back if this helped or not.

Quick Reply: I need new rims, please help!