1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

lowering question

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 12:22 AM
fjm9898
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering question

hey i wanted to know if i get lowering springs (looking at the eibach spring kit) do i have to get new shocks right away or can i drive on the stock shocks for a while. i know i ahve to get am alignment kit too.

if i have to get shocks as well, does anyone know where i can get a full kit for a good price (shocks, springs and alignment kit)

Old 11-22-2006, 10:37 PM
ACE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lowering question

I'm not sure how much those springs lower the avenger. But normally if you lower the car more than 1.5 or 2 inches, you should switch out the shocks. You can actually ride on the stock shocks for a while even if you drop the car more then 1.5 inches or so, but after a while the shocks will blow. I"ve seen some people just go one step at a time, where they drop the car first, then get the camber adjusters, then get the new shocks. Some people do it all at once, which is probably better for long-term health of your venge.

Quick Reply: lowering question