1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Ebay Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:10 AM
xenocamry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Intakes

I was just curious, has anyone bought one? Im cosidering getting one mainy due to the price. Exile racing has a few, but thier expensive. After all it's just a tube and filter. A few of the ebay intakes look promising. One maufacture includes a K&N fiter with it.
Just wanted to hear some of your feedback
Thanks

K&N F 95 96 97-99 Avenger Sebring I4 V6 Cold Air Intake

Old 11-20-2006, 04:37 AM
fjm9898
Default RE: Ebay Intakes

yea i would like to know the same. i too have been looking at ebay ones vs. the expensive ones.

all i think its jsut paying for the name brand type deal and maybe a filter that lasts a bit longer, but if you get one iwth the k&N then i think they are just fine. also on the expensive ones they have a nice finish either painted or plated. all the ones i have seen on ebay are just normal aluminum with no special finish on them.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:39 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Honestly?
Aluminum piping is = to aluminum piping, no matter who has their name on it. Quality? What's going to happen to the painted aluminum pipe? Is it going to implode, crumble, scratch? I'll believe the latter, but they all will anyway. What kind of quality do you think you'll find in a name brand piping? That's all you're really paying for anyway. The filter is the only questionable thing IMO. I don't even consider that to be critical as long as it keeps particles out of the intake tract. If you're really worried about it, buy a K&N filter. You will still have payed less for an ebay intake + K&N filter (note, you will see that most if not all the intakes come with rechargable filters).
Bottom line...why not get an ebay intake? Note, yes, the 2G Eclipse intakes work for both our motors. Look up at the stickies for more info.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:59 AM
PappiDread6
Record Breaker

I agree with Hi Ho Silver, piping is piping I think what we are really paying for when we buy aftermartket name brad CAI is the time and labor it took to come up with it. But if you consider buying 1 take alook at this site it helped me out.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Old 11-22-2006, 10:30 PM
ACE

Yep, bottom line is a big pipe is going to get you more juice. If you want good bang for your buck, ebay could be a good way to go.

That being said, some of these intake manufacturers (Weapon R) have dyno test results that show them beating the competition. I don't know if those test results they show are legit, but it makes me think they put some engineering into them to be better in some way. So you actually might get more horses out of a namebrand intake, but not sure if it is worth it to you for the higher cost.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:23 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I agree with Ace about performance from a namebrand. With our cars though, you won't feel it on the butt dyno hardly, if even at all sadly.

Quick Reply: Ebay Intakes