1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

inner tie rod help NEEDED!?!?!? PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 02:12 AM
josef15111
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inner tie rod help NEEDED!?!?!? PLEASE

Ok guys i am having one heck of a time just trying to find a way to take off my inner tie rods on my 95 avenger es.... i am not sure a wrench is going to work as the tie rod has a sorda round base with two flat spots on it.. i need to know what will i need to remove them i really need to do them tomorrow and i can not find any thing about them on the net any where i have been searching for two hours and now i am ready to pull my hair out. they have to be done now as they are about to fall off there that bad i cant have that happen please can someone help me out on this has anyone done this before???????? some help would be great i know some one knows what to do in here just no one is reading my post LOL kidding....

[:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@]
please help

joe
95 es with really bad inner tie rod ends

Old 12-01-2006, 02:14 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: inner tie rod help NEEDED!?!?!? PLEASE

Hey Joe, you can use crows foot socket or an inner tie rod socket from somewhere like Autozone (rentable).

Don't forget to get an alignment done also because it will be off. If you can I would also suggest doing both the inner and outer tie rods if at all financially possible.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:17 AM
josef15111
Veteran

really its just a long hollow tool huh??? i seen a few but they where for other cars i seen nothing for our cars at all. it was really starting to get to me"that and no sleep for 3 days" thanx silver you the man.... i will defintly be doing them this weekend if it rains and ruins everything tomorrow lol

joe

Old 12-01-2006, 02:18 AM
josef15111
Veteran

oh i allready put new outter ones on about a month ago i will reuse them and i will be geting allinged as soon as i am finished i cant take any more of the horrid driving

Old 12-01-2006, 02:28 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

ORIGINAL: josef15111

really its just a long hollow tool huh??? i seen a few but they where for other cars i seen nothing for our cars at all. it was really starting to get to me"that and no sleep for 3 days" thanx silver you the man.... i will defintly be doing them this weekend if it rains and ruins everything tomorrow lol

joe
Yup a big 'ol socket or a crow's foot will work too, you'll just have to really get onto it with the CF.

ORIGINAL: josef15111

oh i allready put new outter ones on about a month ago i will reuse them and i will be geting allinged as soon as i am finished i cant take any more of the horrid driving

Understandable, plus it's not safe with a new baby on board. BTW, it's not hard to get a child in and out of their carseat in an Avenger. I do it all the time

Quick Reply: inner tie rod help NEEDED!?!?!? PLEASE