1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Need to buy plastic trim for interior that holds hazard button and rear windshield defrost button.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:29 AM
VakhariaINC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to buy plastic trim for interior that holds hazard button and rear windshield defrost button.

Good morning members. My gf has a '97 4cyl Dodge Avenger. The trim that holds the hazzard button & rear windshield defrost fog button, I'm looking to buy. Unfortunately, on the right vent, there are no dividers there - so the heat/AC just shoot straight through not being AIMed any passengers or drivers.

Btw, is there anything I can do to make the heat stronger. I was warming her car up this morning for her, and after the car warmed up, it seemed as if there wasn't that much heat coming from the AC vents, even though I was all the way in the red territory and 2 dots powerful. Thanks for the input.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:47 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need to buy plastic trim for interior that holds hazard button and rear windshield defrost butto

First off, welcome to DF VakhariaINC

Those vents can be found at junkyards along with any other missing pieces (as long as they have the car that is). Speaking of cars, to help you find these parts even easier, you can look for them in 95-00 Chrysler Sebrings, 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipses, and 95-98 Eagle Talons too. The trim does not matter, just the years.

As for hotter heat while you're warming it up. No, well, yes, but no Yes, you can get hotter heat (even after a partial motor warm up) but you will have to replace the heater core and get a fresh and complete coolant flush to help for better flow and then you may get hotter heat as if it were new, but for the most part these cars are old now and most are beat up and if you don't want to get a complete flush and new heater core, then no. The heat comes from the coolant that is picked up from the motor, so if the motor isn't warmed up, you won't get hotter air especially if it's pretty cold outside. If you keep the car the way it is, then expect to wait until the motor is fully warmed up before the heater gets too hot.

Quick Reply: Need to buy plastic trim for interior that holds hazard button and rear windshield defrost button.