1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

custom turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Pentecostal1988
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom turbo

hey guys i was thinkin bout how exile racing was pretty much the ONLY place that made a turbo for our v6s. ANNNNNDDD...i was wondering if i could put together my own since exile hasnt touched their site for a while. i mean what all do u really need to put together your own kit? ive seen intercooler pipe kits on ebay for cheap and many decently priced turbos (by themselves) arund the net. I kno it can be done but what all do i need?

thanx
-jake

Old 04-11-2007, 12:14 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: custom turbo

Pick your turbo. I don't recommend the ebay turbos either. Find out if it's water and oil cooled or just oil cooled. You'll have to tap a line to and from the turbo and motor. You don't need an intercooler straight off. You'll need some sort of fuel regulator and an injector upgrade. You'll need an air/fuel tuning device. A modified exhaust manifold...and you can't forget about cash, lol.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:46 AM
Pentecostal1988
Rookie
Default RE: custom turbo

so do u think it would be better than buying one from exile? and also why havent the updated their site?

thanx
-jake

Quick Reply: custom turbo