1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

speaker changing

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 04:32 PM
d_miz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker changing

im new here, just wrecked my old camaro got a 95 dodge avenger 2.0L its alright pretty fun. Im a car audio fanatic, i bought this car with stock stereo. My tweeters are blown and i would like to replace my other ones. Mainly my tweeters for right now cuz i have no highs. Could someone tell me or help me do the steps to replace them. Do not kno if u have to take dash off of anything. Any help would be great thanks.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
jchan
Default RE: speaker changing

They should pop up easily if you take a flat screwdriver and pry them up. Once you get them up you can unplug the connector.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:08 PM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Welcome to DF, D_Miz.
Jchan speaks the truth. Just pry the tweeter up with a thin flathead and that's it. It just pops right out and in.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:28 AM
BSnyde

the dash speakers arent tweeters tho, they are more of a 2 inch speaker, most tweeters come with mounts kinda like spider legs that will fit, my infinity 1011i's fit in there perfect, if your replacing speakers mak sure u get the 6 1/2's in the door and the 6X9's in the back, and if your feeling froggy, there is a little grill right where your left knee is, and where the passengers right knee is, and you can fit 4 inch speakers there lol, just wire it either to the 6 1/2's or the tweeters...i sell this crap so im constantly changing my stuff out, right now i have mostly infinity but im sure that will change

Old 02-12-2007, 02:59 AM
MOPARAVENGER7907

HI im new but I am an audio fanatic and i have alpinr type r 6x9s in the rear 8 inch mtx dominatorsubs in the doors two 12inchsony xplodes a boss audio dvd/cd playerand im replacing tweeters soon. Ialso have a cold air intake andim looking for cheapperformance parts if anyone wants to sell or list a place. My cars a 2.0 manual

Quick Reply: speaker changing