1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Fuses and Overdrive

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:12 AM
7hunderstorm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuses and Overdrive

(97' 2.0 Automatic) My gauge lights started flashing and finally went out today. I assume it's a fuse, but I have no idea which one it is. I didn't see it in the fuse box under the hood, and I saw another fuse box in the bottom left of the driver side, but it has no diagram. Do the gauges even have a fuse or is another wire loose? Also my gear indicator light doesn't work so at night I have to guess whether i'm in the right gear. While i'm at it, since I have almost no car knowledge whatsoever, what exactly does overdrive do? I read that if it is on that it lowers my RPMs to save gas. Does that rob any of my power? Thanks!

Old 04-03-2007, 08:21 PM
sprman9
Rookie
Default RE: Fuses and Overdrive

id say for the lights, look for the interior light fuse, which i think is called the room light in the fuse box under the hood. if thats all thats flashing anyways. When i had my alarm system installed they blew the fuse, so i had no interior lights whatsoever. and overdrive in my 96 es does reduce rpms. another thing ive noticed is that i cant get over 97 mph without my overdrive. hope that helps.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:02 AM
7hunderstorm

I got the gagues fixed, the previous owner had neons attached and wired them to room light fuse which made it extremely loose when I removed the wire. The flashing was when I would hit a bump or something the fuse would pop out... It was under the hood. I think the bottom right 15 fuse. I was confused because my 95' neon had all those fuses in the box inside.

I think I understand OD now. It's like an extra gear. When you use it on the highway it kicks in that gear and lowers your RPMs. So now my question is why would you turn it off? Steep hills maybe?

btw thanks for the help sprman9

Old 04-05-2007, 01:37 PM
blackvenge34
Veteran

yea its the weirdest thing the inside lights fuse and the radio fuse in under the hood i had the same problem no radio and no light and i spent alot of time and cursing myself because i couldnt figure out how to fix it everything was hooke up and behold the fuses were under the hood the whole time 2 fuses and 3 sec. later radio and dome lights i could have kicked my self lol

Old 04-08-2007, 02:26 AM
sprman9
Rookie

no problem. glad i could help.

Quick Reply: Fuses and Overdrive