DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Gen Dakota general discussion (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-dakota-general-discussion-150/)
-   -   Nothing better than peeling paint. (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-dakota-general-discussion/283940-nothing-better-than-peeling-paint.html)

shadowthedakota 03-30-2011 10:23 PM

the worst part of my truck used to be the rockers and wheel wells...that is till the hood tried to fly, lol

T.C. 03-31-2011 09:09 AM

Some nice pics there guys, unlike some of the people that posted here, I come from a magical place where rust happens on cars and trucks every winter and spring. I once took that truck of mine to a car wash and I was able to remove the paint on both sides of the truck, so all that was left was bare metal. Of course it started to rust everywhere so I manage to scuff that off and just spray paint the whole truck, except for the hood and roof. But that rust is tuff and it kept coming back. THough thats sorta what you get for buying the truck from people who have never washed it for all of the truck life.

DarkKnite2009 03-31-2011 05:37 PM

i actually do have rust on my truck.

T.C. 04-08-2011 09:37 AM

A past few days ago, I was driving through the city, when I came upon the best ever example of peelin paint for our trucks, the orginal paint was a red and white, but man I wish I got a pic of that beaut, big chucks of paint was peeling rate off, when that truck was driving it look like tassles on a motorcycle, flaring in the wiind. It was really cool and quite funny.

siggie30 04-09-2011 08:59 PM

I think every panel on my truck has copious amount of peel, except the replaced tailgate, but I dented that so it is even with the rest of the truck.

shadowthedakota 04-09-2011 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by siggie30 (Post 2474034)
I think every panel on my truck has copious amount of peel, except the replaced tailgate, but I dented that so it is even with the rest of the truck.

nothing like that magic touch to make everything match...

i have a mix... the body of my truck is black. the underside, the inside of the bed, the inside of the truck and the engine bay is green, and the drivers doord is silver. all i need is some bolts and i'll have frankentruck. and since the hood incident my hood and cowl are peeling...

T.C. 04-12-2011 09:15 PM

Ya, nothing beats having peeling paint like mismatching interior, luckily my interior is red, well faded red and I am going for a black/red look to it, its going to look sick.

marcar1993 04-16-2011 02:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I have no pics from before, but I did repaint my acclaim with rattlecans in a mad dash 2 day paint job. The roof, deck lid, tops of the 1/4s, hood, and tops of the doors were peeling, I still have some smaller sheets that came off stored....
So for $90 I got some paint, tape, sand paper, and a few news papers and knocked out a paint job from Friday evening to EARLY Sunday morning one March weekend a few years back. (With no sleep.)
Trust me it was worth it.

Here's what it looked like all done.

Attachment 67470.
Attachment 67471

I sold this car to by my Dakota. My paint job was apparently good enough the buyer didn't even know the car was painted until I told him and showed him. Many others never noticed til I told them either.

DarkKnite2009 04-20-2011 09:07 AM

ineresting.....

misfitdakota_95 04-20-2011 10:56 AM

Attachment 12733

Attachment 12737

Attachment 12738

Attachment 12739

sorry for the small pics, but I was trying to show my paint fading on the back of my cab, my clearcoat fading on the hood of my truck (caused by me at a self-serve car wash) and my cowl is rusted. Ironically, my 1995 Grand Cherokee has flawless paint, not even the clearcoat is peeling and the paint is still great with no dulling anywhere.