1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Is it radio or speakers that need to be replaced in Dodge Dakota?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Brand
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by untruckworthy
Well... I think I will give them a call before using gas to go to the store.
Give them this code and they'll take $20 off your order:

p18c8-833a2-iezy6

And depending on your location, you'll likely also save the sales tax -- which is another 7-8 percent. Just sayin.

Last edited by Brand; 05-19-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:17 AM
Shelbyfan
Professional

Trust me, you are gonna want to replace the stock speakers as well, they suck, and will most likely blow your already really old speakers when the stereo is installed. I was down to one before I finally replaced the whole system. I think I spent $300 total on the head unit and four speakers. Took about half a day to do the whole thing correctly. It's easy.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:56 AM
T.C.
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shelbyfan
Trust me, you are gonna want to replace the stock speakers as well, they suck, and will most likely blow your already really old speakers when the stereo is installed. I was down to one before I finally replaced the whole system. I think I spent $300 total on the head unit and four speakers. Took about half a day to do the whole thing correctly. It's easy.

What type of speakers did you use for your truck? since mine need replacing aswell. the two front ones aare dead and the back ones are just barely holding up.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Shelbyfan
Professional

I used Alpine 6x9 in the rear and Kenwood 6.5 in the front. I got them on sale at Best Buy and they were cheaper than the regular priced cheapy speakers from Autozone. Had to do a little cutting to get the 6x9's in but they are solid and can't see them. If it had an amp it would thump but it gets the job done very nicely anyway.

Quick Reply: Is it radio or speakers that need to be replaced in Dodge Dakota?