1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Turbo 96 sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:40 PM
Turbokota96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo 96 sport

Wanting to turbo my 2.5 magnum Dakota wondering if anyone knows how tuning can be done for this or tried this before?

Old 05-18-2017, 08:14 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Okay, stop for a second and think about this. You could sell your 4 banger and get the big ole V8, and drop $26k or so. Or you could drop $5k give or take a few thousand and get your 4 banger to perform like a 4.7 V8. To be quite honest you should just sell the ole' slow poke and get what you really want, a nice, fast, R/T. You could also spend $16k like me and get a nice 4.7 V8 SLT and dump a grand or two into and get it damn close to a R/T. Its your money. I just don't see the logic in dumping all that money into a 4 Banger just to make it perform like a stock V8.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:48 AM
Turbokota96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Okay, stop for a second and think about this. You could sell your 4 banger and get the big ole V8, and drop $26k or so. Or you could drop $5k give or take a few thousand and get your 4 banger to perform like a 4.7 V8. To be quite honest you should just sell the ole' slow poke and get what you really want, a nice, fast, R/T. You could also spend $16k like me and get a nice 4.7 V8 SLT and dump a grand or two into and get it damn close to a R/T. Its your money. I just don't see the logic in dumping all that money into a 4 Banger just to make it perform like a stock V8.
it was a free truck and just putting it on tractor tires so don't really care to do a whole motor swap rather slap a turbo on it and ride

Old 05-20-2017, 02:38 AM
shadowthedakota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turbododge.com would be your best bet. Otherwise swap in a turbo 4 cuylfrom,a turbo Fwd mopar and youccan modify from there