1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

1988 DAKOTA 3.9 v6 Push Button Heater Control

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 08:30 AM
cato47
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 DAKOTA 3.9 v6 Push Button Heater Control

I have a 1988 Dodge Dakota pickup and I'm needing the push button heater control panel. I've searched Ebay & Craig's List with no luck. I'm also needing a hood release cable and the passenger side door mirror. Is there anyone out there with a parts truck that might have any of these items? Thanks to all who respond.
Rick
278-299-3736.....Land line.....or respond to my post

Last edited by cato47; 11-24-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:19 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

The passenger side door mirror can be purchased from many sources; RockAuto, Ebay, dealer all come to mind.

The push button heater control and the hood release cable will probably have to come from a boneyard; the heater control panel, is yours with or without A/C? If without, it may be hard to find; if with, well, Car-Part.COM shows several across the USA (A/C control panel is how they list it.) The hood release cable isn't listed, but if you find the HVAC/Heater control panel, you can always call the same yard.

What part of the multiverse are you in? Phone number suggests Michigan, but with today's porting rules for phones, you might be living in Florida or Cancun with that number *grins* Might be someone nearby parting a truck out, but they won't know with a general location ("Near Illinois state line in Michigan" or "Lower Florida" or "Arkansas-Louisiana-Texas corner" is good enough for something like this.)

And ... don't put your phone number in a public forum posting. Makes it a lot easier for someone to steal your identity, or at least to bombard you with spammers/scammers.

RwP

Old 12-01-2017, 09:09 AM
Brian in Tucson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of that stuff is available from Dodge. You need to find a wrecking yard. I have a 96, and I found that Dodge doesn't even list the three position fan switch. Which is prone to failure. I've bought a couple of panels at Pic 'n' Pull just to harvest the switches. (and I've used 2!) Have you tried Ebay? Your problem may be that it's such an early Dakota that the panel may be very rare.