1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

wiper bushings

Old 02-20-2019, 08:51 PM
troyjfredrickson
Default wiper bushings

Where can I order Windshield wiper replacement bushings for 1996 Dodge Dakota?
Thanks for any help.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:29 PM
RalphP
Champion

Originally Posted by troyjfredrickson View Post
Where can I order Windshield wiper replacement bushings for 1996 Dodge Dakota?
Thanks for any help.
Dealer - one of P/N 5211015 and three of P/N 3799089 . You can also find them on Amazon and Ebay.

Or you can pay about the same total for the Dormans ... one out of a 49439 package (two in a pack) and two packages of 49440 (you'll need 3, there's 2 in each package again.) They don't seem to last as long as the Mopar ones, though (and before you sneer, remember, the ones on your truck are probably 23 years old ... )

While installing be sure to grease the bushings a bit; I used moly grease when I did the first one, then discovered moly will eat away at nylon (oops!) so try white lithium or silicon.

RwP

Old 05-17-2019, 09:23 PM
SRAC76
Amateur

You can easily get these without the dealer they are at AutoZone and places like that for cheap.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:28 PM
SRAC76
Amateur

https://www.ebay.com/i/123172131388?chn=ps
You can even get them on ebay! dont waste your cash on the dealer they up the prices like crazy!! oh and if you have trouble installing them I have done this on my 1993 dodge dakota it was a pain but very easy install.

Old 05-18-2019, 01:49 AM
RalphP
Champion

Originally Posted by SRAC76 View Post
You can easily get these without the dealer they are at AutoZone and places like that for cheap.
Sure, if you really want to pay the same or more and do it again in a couple of years.

Have you actually CHECKED the price on the factory parts?

I have.

News flash: It actually costs MORE at AutoZone for the three packages than to just buy the proper bushings from the dealerships here.

RwP

Old 06-09-2019, 09:16 PM
SRAC76
Amateur

Good to know. I've dealt with dealerships and simple parts like that I have paid way too much when a non OEM part was just as good or even better. but that is just my experience.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wiper bushings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: