1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Changing Fuel Filter 1993 Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 05:39 PM
sgruebs870
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Fuel Filter 1993 Dakota

I have a 1993 Dodge Dakota 3.9 V6 2 wheel drive truck and need to change the fuel filter. I was wondering if there are any "tricks of the trade" I need to know before attemting this task? I noticed the rubber fuel hoses that attach to either sideof the fuel filter are in pretty rough shape. Along with the fuel filter and hoses, how hard of a job would this be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:01 PM
codydakota
Captain
Default RE: Changing Fuel Filter 1993 Dakota

It's not hard at all. A lot of people recommmend depressurizing the fuel system before you do it, which is a great idea, but to tell you the truth I've done I don't know how many filter changes on Chrysler cars, and trucks and I just made sure I had a drain pan. I've never lost more than 2 cups of fuel, I usually use the protective cap you get with the new filter (that little piece of plastic that prevents crap from getting in) to plug the line so I have time to fiddle with the other end. If the hoses look bad, replacing them isn't hard either, I usually just get like 1-2ft of fuel line from a aprts store and cut what I need.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:41 AM
capricorn
Default RE: Changing Fuel Filter 1993 Dakota

The biggest deal is the tool to release the hose fittings from the filter. Make sure you have one.

Quick Reply: Changing Fuel Filter 1993 Dakota