1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

wheel fitment

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 12:39 AM
holford69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel fitment

hi does anyone know of a way to put chevy s-10 wheels with the 5x4.75 bolt pattern on a 88 dakota with the 5x4.5 bolt pattern? im new and not too mechanicaly inclined, just trying to help my dad find info.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: wheel fitment

I dont belive you can. You might find an adapter somewhere try summitracing.com ebay.com
It would be easyer and cheeper to find wheels that do have the correct size.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:56 PM
jlbritt1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wheel fitment

First off, let me start by saying I agree with Crazy, you're better off looking for a set of rims that fit properly. However, iff you know of someone who is fairly mechanically inclined, an adapter plate can be fabricated. The major downside is it will create a fair amount of offset. You make it by getting a round piece of flat stock (atleast 3\4 inch thick)the same size as the area where the wheel studs are an the truck. Drill holes for the studs from the truck, AND for the new studs. Holes for the studs should be countersunk on the OUTSIDE for the nuts to the truck studs, and on the INSIDE for the stud heads for the new wheel studs. Install shorter studs on the truck side, preferrably ones just long enough to clear the new plate, and new studs for the new wheels. Voila! Adapter plate made. The major problems with this idea are: 1) The positive offset can and probably will cause some tire rubbing. and 2) When adding a component that was not engineered in, you increase the risk of damaging your vehicle. This is not a project I would recommend, however I felt obligated to answer the question. Too much of the knowledge about the art of Hot Rodding (which this would fall under) seems to be getting lost or forgotten.

Quick Reply: wheel fitment