1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Ugh, more problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

She's fixed!!!
Replaced the transfer case, filled it and the trans up with fluid and she runs great.

So lets see here: transmission, water pump, timing chain, re-sealed a leak in the timing chain cover (told my grandpa to use RTV and the gasket, instead of just the gasket) and than the transfer case. 3 trips to Illinois (700 miles one-way) and 8 months later.

I was worried that something was wrong with the trans because when I got back up here, the first thing I checked was to make sure the transfer case was still attached to the trans, which is was NOT. And I knew my grandpa ran the truck (after telling him I'd really rather he not, but if he did, make SURE the transfer case is on there or else trans fluid will come out the back). So there was absolutly no fluid on the dipstick, but she ran, so I'm happy!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Bad96_3.9
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats awesome, i am glad you got her back on the road, i have the front of mine torn apart not for front crank seal replacement, defective seal, and a water pump. should have it back together tomorrow if it all goes as planned.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Cool! Its always feels good to get it on the road again after it was down for a while.

Quick Reply: Ugh, more problems