1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

who has tried installing the 2" 2wd lift?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Cutlass84
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who has tried installing the 2" 2wd lift?

Mine showed up yesterday, so I tore into the truck and started with the front spring spacers.

I got one side in, but didn't really like what I saw. It seems like it would eat your ball joints in no time. Am i paranoid, or have you guys used the spacers without problem? My spring also had a pretty good arch in it when I finally got it in place.. It looked like it would hit the shock, but I'm not sure. As of now I may just leave the truck alone, although i really liked the lifted idea.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: who has tried installing the 2" 2wd lift?

Well I dont know how yours is set up, but there are noches in the control arms for the end of the coil to sit on. If it is not line up it can throw it off to the side and arch it. As far as ball joints in the 2 or 3 years I had it like that no problems. What kind of spacers did you buy. Where did you install them, like on top, bottom, middle. Are you sure the spacers didnt shift out of place or something like that?

Old 05-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Cutlass84
Amateur

I got the kit off ebay, but i think its fairly decent stuff. I can't find a name on the spacers, but the leaves came in a pro-comp box.

I believe I had the spring clocked correctly. I know i had the bottom of the spring sitting in the seat correctly, but if i had it upside down it may have been wrong up top. These spacers look like really thick upper insulators. They are not the split design. I might tear it down again next weekend and have another look at it.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:43 AM
johndakota

did you stick the side with the retaier toward the top of a arm or bottom and when you installed i got my kit on and will have pics on soon btw cutlass how much you pay for the kit ? and was it new cause i bought a kit off ebay once for my jeep comanche and got to installing it and it was for a cherokee but if you can take a pic of wat you got it would help alittle to see wats up oh crazy how did you mount you skid plat? from raditor bracket of bumper

Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have it bolted to the frame and to the bumper where I have a Thick plate Hidden behind the bumper which it bolts to.
Here is a post of skid plates if you wanted.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1277819/tm.htm

Quick Reply: who has tried installing the 2" 2wd lift?