1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

95 dakota 2.5L start up issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 PM
brettmichael
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 95 dakota 2.5L start up issues

i cant figure this out, i try to start my truck up but takes a little bit of cranking to get it to start and also got to hit the gas some to get it going had the electrical system checked, everything good, replaced bad fuel pump yesterday, still doing it, this all started after replacing my PCM, checked my throttle body, IAC sensor, and speed sensor, checked TBI injector and checked the resistance and it measured out at 0.03 ohms, does this mean i have a bad injector or whats going on, once the truck gets started, i have no problems at all, which makes no sense, i just replaced the PCM 3 days ago, does it still got to finish relearning everything, or what

Old 10-12-2008, 11:05 PM
codydakota
Captain

I would check the engine codes to see what you come up with, but to me from what I'm reading here, it sounds like a problem with the Auto Shut Down circuit. This is what I dealt with on my '92 for almost a month.

As a side note, the 2.5L is an inline 4, abbreviated I4, not v4.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:31 AM
brettmichael

im sorry do u mean the auto shut down relay or something else just making sure

Old 10-14-2008, 03:34 PM
brettmichael

please someone help my truck keeps just turning over and not starting, this is really getting anooying, yesterday it took me 10 mins to get it started and everytime it starts its rough for a sec or two then fine, i just replaced the ASD relay, and ignition coil, i cant figure this out, could my fuel injector be going out or my fuel pressure regulator? does it sound like a battery or starter problem, please help i need this truck for work, i cant keep dealing with this, thanks

Quick Reply: 95 dakota 2.5L start up issues